Jacob called the meeting to order
Invocation by Sara:
May those assembled here today enjoy the many offerings of Rotary. May we abide by the rules we have established, those of trust, fellowship and ethics, and may we place service above self, in our daily endeavors. And may we always test ourselves and our efforts to be sure they are the truth, good for all concerned, of benefit to mankind, and provide peace and understanding. Amen.
Chelsea Ritland …. Coordinator of the Adult Options in Education
• Jacob: Alan Bensman passed away recently and the funeral took place in Mexico. Memorial services will be held at Bet Shalom Synagogue at 3:00 on Sunday, June 10. Donations may be made to the cause of your choice in his honor.
• Alexa: On Monday, June 4th, many Rotarians gathered the Hopkins Center for the Arts to support Adult Options In Education Graduation, GED which is the adult basic education program serving, and supported by, the community education departments of the Hopkins, Minnetonka and St. Louis Park school districts. The club donated numerous scholarships for GED examinations, as well funding for gradation costs.
• Guy: Reminder that tree planting is at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow, June 7th
• Neal: Today is final day to sign up for the 2018 Progressive dinner, which starts at 5:00 P.M. tomorrow, June 7th
• Mark Marlin: Saturday 6/23 is Summerfest; the club is looking for more volunteers. Volunteer registration is to be done online
Happy Bucks by Scott Nagel …. Totaled $114…..
• Mary was so happy about her granddaughters wedding, Saturday, that she forgot the last item she was happy about …. but …. Ron ….
• Ron remembered later in the event and it was their 28th wedding anniversary this weekend.
• Jim M was happy that his daughter is graduating from high school
• Chris R was happy about the fact that his daughter is also graduating from high school
• Katie was happy that she is getting her first daughter married and about sewing Hindu dresses for the wedding …. And Fares was a wonderful exchange student
• Christine was happy about tree planting
• Pete was happy about his sons being able to train pilots
• Bob was happy about Adult Education GED program and Chelseas work
• Sam was happy that his grandson wanted to talk to him on Face Time
• Chris C. four day trip to Nashville to hear the 2 types of music Contry and Western
• Nancy biking in Wisconsin with only 4 minutes of rain
• Guy was happy about tree panting and had 3 graduations
• Mollys daughter is graduating from Notre Dame
• Scott N …. MS Bike-athon because he has a graduate too
• Char …. Happy about the GED program …. Artery 8th Avenue Meeting for local food and info
• Patty … her sons graduation
• Regina … was happy and wanted to make Dan happy
• Terry … was graduating his 5th grandchild
• Lenny … was happy too
• … and Roger was happy too … and we were so glad he was
Presentation / Induction:
Our newest member Bill Knab was
welcomed into the club.
Chris Carr / Annual Fundraiser
• Chris Carr presented the outline for the 2018 Annual Charity Golf Open fundraise.
• It will be held on 9/13/2018 at Glen Lake Golf Course.
• All registration is online.
• Each member has a goal to sell 20 raffle tickets.
• Our goal this year is to raise $40,000
Christine Leick / Community Service
• Christine highlighted the community involvement by the members of our club.
• For the fiscal year, the club has competed 33 activities, which include, but is not limited to: ICA, Loaves and Fishes, Empty Bowls, Tree Planting, Mentoring, & Highway 7 Clean up.
Jacob closed the meeting on time at 8:30am
Service Above Self
Building Responsible Youth
• Meeting of June 6, 2018 •